Monday, June 22, 2009

Clarifications

All,

Please be aware, that while I had previously sought the assistance and guidance of the Tri-State Transportation Campaign in regards to our efforts, I am now and will continue to do so going forward, refuse and disavow any connection to this organization.

I believe any organization willing to continue to work with the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now (ACORN) after this past electoral cycle is not one that I want myself or my work associated with.

I do not make this decision lightly, nor do I wish to make this a political decision. I believe that any organization with the amount of negative information swirling about, that makes no effort to address key questions about its workers and staffing, and that has significant legal questions surrounding its hiring practices and actual work performed, is not one that I wish to be associated with.

Therefore, since TSTC refuses to dissassociate themselves from ACORN, I must distance myself from TSTC and advise that you do the same until such time as they can be counted on to stand apart from organizations such as ACORN.

No comments:

Post a Comment